Fortunately, Cheltenham has a very low rate of Covid-19, but of course we want to ensure we do everything to keep levels low.
The Workplace already has several systems in place which would reduce the chances of spread. For example:
- Touch-free door unlocking
- No one changes desks during the day
- 24 hr access allowing people to work during the quieter evenings or weekends
We have made a number of changes to reduces transmission further, and we need all members and their guests to follow them so that everyone feels safe.
To reduce air transmission:
- Disposable face masks will be available, although they aren’t recommended by the government
- Only 1 person will be allowed in the kitchen at a time. The breakfast bar will not be used.
- Passing places on the stairs will be marked.
- The Planning Place door will be fixed open and the first part used as a passing place for anyone waiting to get downstairs.
- The back section of the Planning Place will be used as a breakout space.
- Whenever possible the windows will be open.
- The hand dryer has been switched off in favour of paper towels so that water droplets don’t carry through the air.
The Work Areas
- The desks have been rearranged to allow 2m between seats
- Some desks have been taken out of use
- Some screens have also been fitted to reduce contact between people seated and those walking past.
We are looking forward to welcoming members back, please get in touch if you have any questions.